TOEFL iBT Student Generated Materials
1 2 next › last »
Find out how to get a TOEFL Component Free of charge.
tags: toefl essay, toefl tests, toefl writing
origin: Steps to Writing a Good Essay (http://www.englishadvantage.info)
So, predictably enough, many readers have written to me about my sample TOEFL essays, asking, “How are you such a genius? Your essays moved me to tears, brought a smile to my face, and changed my life forever with their simple but profound wisdom.”
OK, I’m exaggerating a little bit. Actually they were closer to: “You idiot! These sample essays are ok, but can’t you tell us how the heck to write an essay ourselves? What steps do we have to follow to get a good essay?”
It’s a good ...
tags: toefl essay, toefl tests, toefl writing
origin: Sample TOEFL Essay (http://www.englishadvantage.info)
This is a new idea I’ve had to help students prepare for the Written Section of the TOEFL by providing you with a sample essay. I hope to do this fairly regularly.
In my textbook once I get in online I plan do a lot of exercises on writing the essay and include more example essays including good ones, bad ones and so-so ones, but overall I think one of the biggest problems with the TOEFL Essay is that there are too many problems. Students don’t know what to write about, how to organize it, ...
tags: gre, toefl test, toefl tests
origin: Why GRE and TOEFL scores are important? (http://kuetian.org)
I am writing for those who are planning for higher studies. Probably the most frequent question comes to applicant’s mind is “What is most important for admission?” There is no common parameter that what I understood form my application and admission experience. For US/Canadian universities it seems applicant’s GPA, class rank (merit position), Statement of Purpose (Why interested in MS/PhD), GRE [as a standard measure for all applicants' admission test] and TOEFL for international ...
tags: scholarships, toefl, toefl tests
origin: How to Identify Scholarship Scams (http://scholarshipmagz.com)
Now that you’re applying for scholarships, we wanted to share some of our best tips for applying for scholarships and fellowships on internet.
How to Identify Scholarship Scams ! Tips from Scholarship-Positions.com
1. Application Fee. Scholarship scams and organizations that charge fees for almost all the scholarship availing procedures that can be undertaken free of cost. Never pay for scholarship application fees.
2. Guaranteed Scholarship Award. Scams that guarantee an award- Now ...
tags: toefl essay, toefl test, toefl tests
origin: 10 Tips to Improve Your TOEFL Essays (http://www.cz-training.com)
There are many ways to improve your TOEFL writing, and a lot of these don't involve studying at all. Here's our top ten list:
1. Answer the question
Your grammar may be perfect and your ideas may be great. Even so, if you don't answer the TOEFL question, none of that matters. If the question asks for your opinion, be sure to write about what you think--don't write about what other people think. On the other hand, if the question is about what other people think or do, don't write about ...
tags: toefl test, toefl tests, toefl tips
origin: ADVICE AND INFORMATION FOR TOEFL (http://www.abroadeducation.com.np)
Preparing for the TOEFL test
1. If you do not have a sound basic knowledge of English, it is best to take English language courses before taking a TOEFL preparation course. TOEFL exam preparation materials are designed to prepare you for the test. They are not designed to teach you English.
2. Begin your TOEFL studies as soon as you decide to take the exam. It will not be useful to try to learn everything the week before the exam date.
3. Study on a regular basis. Thoroughly learning a ...
tags: toefl score, toefl test, toefl tests
origin: Minimum TOEFL Score – US Universities (http://www.happyschoolsblog.com)
If you are applying to to U.S. Schools, colleges as an International Student, where English language is not native language, then TOEFL Score is mandatory application requirement. All the schools require you have to minimum TOEFL scores to be considered for admission. Students post lots of questions like:
- What is the minimum TOEFL Score required for admission into U.S. Universities;
- My TOEFL Score is 79, can I get admission in MS;
- What is the Minimum TOEFL score required to get ...
tags: toefl secrets, toefl test, toefl tests
origin: Secrets of TOEFL Sections (http://www.mytoeflsuccess.com)
There are certain useful tips you should be aware of when taking TOEFL. Each section of the TOEFL test has its own peculiarities.
It is greatly advisable not to look back at any listening question after you have decided on your answer. This is why it would be extremely good for you to try to read ahead. And in case if you know the questions before you hear the passage, it will be much easier for you to complete this section. In case if you are going to take the internet ...
tags: toefl prep, toefl tests, toefl tips
origin: Preparation Tips (2) (http://www.4englishexams.com)
You should follow the following Tips for the preparation of TOEFL tests.
1. You must review the test format, subject matter, and sample test questions in the testing program's information bulletin or the testing program's Web site.
2. Prior to beginning the test, you can meet with the test taker, who should be encouraged to discuss matters that will affect test performance, e.g., how to determine the amount of remaining time and how you can help pace the test-taker through the test. The ...
tags: toefl, toefl test, toefl tests
origin: TOEFL- At a glance… (http://www.careers-india.com)
Test of English as a foreign language popularly known as TOEFL and pronounced as “toe-full ” is an international test that assesses an individual’s proficiency in English language. It is one of the most widely accepted English language tests in the world. Unlike tests like GRE and GMAT, TOEFL not only tests your vocabulary but also your skills in reading , listening and understanding, speaking and writing in English.
TOEFL is a pre-requisite for non-native English speakers for their ...
1 2 next › last »
Publish a TOEFL iBT Material
This section is intended to deliver useful TOEFL learning resources submitted by our students for the purpose of helping each other to prepare better for the TOEFL Test. All materials are published with non-commercial purpose and the origin of the material is provided. If you have come across good TOEFL preparation materials and if you would like to share them with other TOEFL iBT students through our website, we will be glad to reward your effort with a free TOEFL iBT Component of your choice - Reading or Listening. To receive your free TOEFL Component your material should be approved and published. In order to publish the suggested TOEFL material, it should comply with the following rules:
• all fields in the submission form to be filled in correctly
• the material should not have a twin on our database
• the material should have value for the TOEFL students
• the material shouldn't be an excerpt or fragment only
• the material source should be correctly stated
Note that all materials are humanly reviewed and approved. If your material does not comply with the abovementioned rules, please, do not try to publish it.
To publish a meterial you have to log in!