ADVICE AND INFORMATION FOR TOEFL
published by Tefik Ali
Preparing for the TOEFL test
1. If you do not have a sound basic knowledge of English, it is best to take English language courses before taking a TOEFL preparation course. TOEFL exam preparation materials are designed to prepare you for the test. They are not designed to teach you English.
2. Begin your TOEFL studies as soon as you decide to take the exam. It will not be useful to try to learn everything the week before the exam date.
3. Study on a regular basis. Thoroughly learning a small amount of information daily is better than insufficiently or inaccurately learning a large amount of information at one sitting.
4. All English practice is helpful. Listening to a movie or radio program in English is good for building your listening comprehension skills. Systematically add new words to your vocabulary. Even though these activities are not directly related to the TOEFL test, they will help you.
5. Work carefully through the exercise in preparation for the TOEFL Test. It is better to concentrate the most effort on your weak areas.
Studying for the TOEFL Test
1. Practice budgeting your time. The TOEFL test is taken under time-limit pressures. Learn to use your time wisely so that you can complete each section.
2. Identify your problem areas. Concentrate on those areas, but review other areas as well.
3. Know your goal. Write to the administration office of the college or university of your choice, and ask for their entrance requirements. They will confirm what TOEFL score is required for admission.
4. Check yourself on the Practice Tests to discover if you usually change correct answers to incorrect answers when unsure of an item. If you do change correct answers to incorrect answers, you will want to stay with your first choice when you take the TOEFL test.
More like this:
Secrets of TOEFL Sections
TOEFL for Pharmacists
Why GRE and TOEFL scores are important?
Skyrocket Your TOEFL Test Success With This Secret Technique!
Terrific Tips for TOEFL
TOEFL iBT Speaking
What about your accent?
TOEFL- At a glance…
Stepping outside of exam-prepping textbooks
TOEFL Practice Tips From A Successful TOEFL Test Taker!
All Materials ...