Why the TOEFL test is best: 5 facts that can make all the difference to you.
published by K C
Once you decide to study overseas at a university that requires strong English skills, you’re faced with another important decision: which English-language test is the right test to help you get accepted into those schools?
While there are other tests to choose from, only one is the most accepted, most respected English-language test in the world. And it’s the TOEFL test. Here are 5 very important ways this matters to you:
1. The TOEFL test is accepted at more institutions than any other English-language test in the world — at over 7,300 universities, agencies, and other institutions in over 130 countries, including nearly every top university in the U.S., UK, and Australia.
What this means to you: Your TOEFL scores can help you go anywhere you want because they’re accepted at nearly every university or institution where strong English skills are required.
2. We make it easier for you to take the test than other English-language tests:
a. We have the most test sites — over 4,500 locations in over 165 countries around the world — in easy-to-get-to locations to help reduce the travel time and cost of travel for our test takers.
b. The entire test is given in one day — unlike other tests that make you come back a second day — saving you time and money.
c. We administer the TOEFL test 30 to 40 times a year to offer as many test-taking opportunities as possible for your convenience.
d. We've created free prep materials and official test prep tools with actual questions from prior tests as real-life training — all to give you the most authentic experience possible so you can feel confident and prepared on test day.
What this means to you: Taking the TOEFL test is easier because of the thousands of test site locations and test taking opportunities you have to choose from, as well as having access to official practice tools and resources to prepare.
3. TOEFL test scores will help you stand out and get noticed — because universities all over the world have long considered the TOEFL test to be the most comprehensive academic English test available. Why? Because it truly measures how well you can integrate the four English skills you need to succeed in a classroom environment.
What this means to you: Your scores will prove to you and to admissions officers that you’ve mastered the English skills used in the classroom — from listening to lectures and reading textbooks to writing papers and speaking in class.
4. The content on the TOEFL test is 100% academic, with tasks that actually reflect what you’ll experience in a classroom — making it the most comprehensive academic English-language test available. Some English-language tests don’t have tasks that demonstrate you have the English skills you need to perform at school. And that could put you at a disadvantage when those scores are considered as part of your academic university admissions.
What this means to you: You can feel confident knowing that universities think the TOEFL test is the most appropriate test to use when making admissions decisions.
5. The TOEFL test measures speaking more fairly than any other English-language test —because the TOEFL test uses multiple raters to score you instead of just one rater, unlike other tests.
Here’s why: Many test takers consider the speaking section of all English-language tests to be challenging. Sitting one-on-one in front of a human rater in a formal speaking interview can be intimidating. And what if the rater is having a bad day and rates you lower than you deserve?
The TOEFL test speaking section is less intimidating and more reliable for two reasons. First, you speak your responses directly into a microphone — without a rater sitting in front of you. Then, your recorded responses are later rated by three to six ETS raters, instead of just one, to give you the most fair and objective score possible.
What this means to you: The TOEFL test makes the speaking section easier for you — and is more objective in its scoring — than any other English-language test available.
No other English-language test can offer you the accuracy, convenience, respect and entrance into universities around the world that the TOEFL test can. That’s why nearly 20 million students have used and trusted the TOEFL test to get into the university of their choice. And it’s why the TOEFL test can make all the difference for you.
More like this:
What’s New about the TOEFL iBT?
TOEFL for Pharmacists
How to Identify Scholarship Scams
4 Easy Tricks to Score 110 in TOEFL
TOEFL Vocabulary Building Made Simple
Intensive and Extensive Readers
Preparation Tips (2)
Introduction to SAT GMAT and TOEFL courses ? requirement for the same
TOEFL or IELTS - Which is Better?
TOEFL Essay Writing Tips
All Materials ...