Who Takes the TOEFL?
published by Omer Cumbul
The TOEFL is a Test of English as a Foreign Language. This test measures your ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
Who Can Take the TOEFL?
1. There are no restrictions for who can take the TOEFL. Students living in non-English speaking countries who want to study abroad at an English-speaking university would take this test.
Which Institutions Require the TOEFL?
2. The official TOEFL website states more than 7,000 universities and colleges require this test be taken as part of their requirements for admitting students who want to attend an English-speaking institution.
Testing Formats and Dates
3. The TOEFL is administered in two formats: Internet-based (TOEFL iBT) or paper-based (TOEFL PBT). The TOEFL iBT is administered during 30 to 40 pre-scheduled dates each year, while there are only six pre-scheduled dates when the TOEFL PBT is administered.
4. The cost of taking the TOEFL ranges from $150 to $225 as of 2009. This is a one-time fee for each test, and pricing is based on testing location. Students can register for the TOEFL online or through the mail.
5. The TOEFL website provides testing overview, practice tests and testing tips to help students prepare and do their best.
6. Students are allowed to retake the TOEFL as many times as needed. TOEFL scores remain valid for two years after the initial test date.
More like this:
How to score high marks on the TOEFL test?
All You want To Know About T.O.E.F.L.
How to achieve High score on English TOEIC, TOEFL, IELTS, Cambridge Tests
Preparing for the tests…Work Hard and Relax !!!
Student’s grit matters as much as standardized test scores
Gre Test Preparation | Gre Test | Gre Exam
Introduction to SAT GMAT and TOEFL courses ? requirement for the same
TOEFL score requirements for various schools
TOEFL or IELTS - Which is Better?
How to Write a TOEFL Test
All Materials ...